April Break At-home COVID Test Kit Distribution – All Students & Staff
Hello SPS community,
Today and tomorrow, SPS is distributing at-home COVID-19 rapid test kits to all students and staff for use over April break. This is an important layer of protection against the risk of spread of COVID.
Students and staff will receive one box of tests with two tests:
- Test 1 – Use before a large gathering, travel, or Sunday, April 17th
- Test 2 – Use Sunday, April 24th before returning from break on Monday, April 25th
Full instructions for use can be found here in English & Spanish, with links to more languages. Should there be a positive result, please be sure to follow the instructions!
- K-8 Students will receive their tests by homeroom today or tomorrow (Wednesday). All students should receive a test (there are no lists) – please help ensure they get into backpacks!
- Two extra tests were put into each homeroom kit for staff. Staff should use those or may pick up their test in their schools’ front offices (or SHS nurses’ office) as we have in other weeks.
- Please leave extra tests in the distribution bags & keep the bags (testers will circulate to collect them)!
- High school students can pick up a test outside the nurses’ office from lunch until dismissal tomorrow (Wednesday, 4/13). High school students are responsible for stopping at the table to pick up a test.
Students and staff may decline the test, but are encouraged to bring them home.
If you would like your child to participate in weekly testing and have not yet signed up, please sign up here: https://bit.ly/SPS-TestConsent